Windhoek Medical University Objective
The objective of the Windhoek Medical University is the establishment, maintenance and development of a modern and technological Medical University Campus with a Teaching Hospitals in Namibia, where men and women shall receive education of highest standard in science of medicine, bioengineering, allied health, nursing or other related professions, to equip them in the spirit of love for service to relief suffering and promote health.
To produce a Reflective Practitioner for better healthcare services through teaching and training.
Our mission as Windhoek Medical University is to provide sustainable healthcare services conforming to our norms and values through education and training, compassionate, professional-excellent, ethically sound individuals who will go out as servant-leaders of health teams and healing communities. Their service may be in promotive, preventive, curative, rehabilitative or palliative aspects of health care, in education or in research. In the delivery of health care, WMU aims to provide a culture of caring while pursuing its commitment to professional excellence, while committed to innovation and the adoption of new, appropriate, cost-effective, caring technology.
In the area of research, WMU strives to understand God’s purpose and designs, fostering a commitment to truth and high ethical standards. Research may be aimed at bioscience enquiry, commitment to truth and high ethical standards. This research also may be aimed at gaining knowledge of the fundamental basis of health and disease, in order to improve interventions or in optimizing the use of resources.
- Ethical behavior in all aspects of life.
- Respect for the opinions and beliefs of others.
- Equal opportunity for all men and women.
- Continuous improvement in teaching, learning, and research.
- Collective responsibility through teamwork.
- Maintaining a student-centric approach with a focus on quality
Student Learning Outcomes
At the end of each programme, by incorporating learning and career outcomes into its programs, WMU ensures that graduates will be prepared to succeed in a variety of professional, civic, and personal settings.
- Effective Communication: Graduates will demonstrate competence in written communication skills that lead to the clear and purposeful expression of ideas, information, and logical reasoning.
- Critical Thinking: Graduates will demonstrate critical thinking skills to analyse problems, search for evidence to support conclusions, reflectively process information, and formulate solutions.
- Job-Specific and Technical Skills: Graduates will demonstrate competence in program specific technical skills and an understanding of the common body of knowledge associated with a specific program.
- Professional and Life Skills: Graduates will demonstrate competent professional and life skills that include responsibility, self-motivation, and will make progress toward becoming engaged and self-reliant learners.
- Qualifications for Advancement: Graduates will have the skills and credentials apply for jobs, change careers, advance in their current workplace, or pursue advanced education.